Gay and Transgender Chemists and Allies (GTCA)
People of all orientations and genders are welcome to join this subdivision.
Our common ground is our commitment to and support of the subdivision goals.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Promote Inclusion, Advocacy, Recognition, Mentoring, Networking, and Diversity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning chemists
- Educate the Society, its members, and employers of chemists about why overt inclusion and acknowledgment of LGBT people is important – in EEO practices, in hiring/benefit practices, in the workplace social environment, in diversity training, and in diversity outreach
- Collaborate with other organizations concerned about workplace and career issues unique to LGBT people
- Maintain a long term collaborative relationship with National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP), an ACS Diversity Programs Partner
Why you should join
- You want to be counted among the people who support the goals of this subdivision
- You have ideas about how to achieve the subdivision goals and want to share them with us
- You have leadership skills and experience and want to help us
- You have insights/experience or are curious about promoting LGBT-inclusive diversity training and outreach
- You want to learn about LGBT workplace and career issues
How to get involved
- Join the subdivision
- Answer all member needs surveys that come your way
- Contribute ideas and content to national meeting programming by way of posters and presentations that relate to LGBT workplace and career interests
- Volunteer to take a turn at the helm and with subdivision leadership
- Contact the subdivision leaders with comments, questions, and constructive criticism