The American Chemical Society (ACS) Division of Professional Relations (PROF) will sponsor the participation of ACS PROF Members that are less than 35 years of age to travel to and participate in the annual ACS Leadership Institute normally held in January as part of the Younger Leader Development Track facilitated by the ACS Younger Chemists Committee (YCC).
Additional information about the ACS LDI can be found by clicking here. The PROF Leadership Development Award covers registration fees, transportation, lodging and meals associated with this in person event.
One award winner will be identified annually.
- Develop leadership skills that will be useful to members at work and in their volunteer roles
- Identify the value and benefits of being an ACS volunteer leader to leaders and their employers
- Acquire knowledge and share best practices through networking with other ACS leaders, governance and staff
- Have fun through engaging and interactive sessions throughout the conference
- Membership in the American Chemical Society AND Division of Professional Relations by the time of application
- Less than 35 years of age at the time of the ACS Leadership Institute
- Currently located within the United States and territories
- Completed Application Form (below)
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- One letter of recommendation from someone familiar with the applicant’s leadership activities and leadership potential. This letter can be directly emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the FULL NAME of the APPLICANT and DATE on the letter of recommendation. The applicant’s name and letter of recommendation should be included in the email subject line.
- All application materials must be submitted by November 8, 2022.
The following criteria are used to select the winners:
- Leadership/volunteer experiences in ACS activities
- Leadership/volunteer experiences in other professional societies, organizations, universities
- Leadership in current position; potential for leadership position
- Past/ present mentoring experiences
- Academic achievements, awards, etc.
- Other (Presentations, invited talks, publications, meetings, professional development courses)
For more information, please contact: email@example.com